Whistler Alpine Meadows
- Official Hardrock Qualifier -
September 8th - 10th, 2023
Ascent Race, 25km, 50km, 100km, 100M, Triple WAMMY!
Welcome to the Whistler Alpine Meadows races. Quite simply, this is some of the most fantastic terrain you could ever hope to run on, with the added bonus of being in the world class destination of Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
The Whistler Alpine Meadows races encompass all of the absolute highlights of what Whistler and coastal British Columbia has to offer. Runners will be treated to expansive alpine meadows, blooming wildflowers, a suspension bridge crossing, and views out over a half-dozen backcountry lakes. Not to mention the 360 degree panoramic mountain views as far as the eye can see from atop Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. Whistler is world famous, and for good reason!
On top of all of this, every single race entry includes the following items:
- Custom WAM race shirt (cozy poly - cotton blend)
- Custom WAM beer glass
- Custom WAM cinch bag
- $5-10 per entry donated to local Whistler trail organizations
- TWO trees planted per entry
- Chip timing
- Finisher medals for each distance
- Unique custom finisher trophy for all Triple Wammy! finishers
- Finish line sushi & BBQ with burgers & smokies, including vegan and GF options
- Covid-friendly finish line celebrations
- One of the best mountain running experiences on the continent!
We're anticipating a return of all the same events, and all the same courses, on the same weekend for 2023 - tentatively Sept 8-10, 2023. Dates will be confirmed by December, with registration opening in January 2023 (date TBD).
- Please note that the WAM races are sharing the weekend with the GranFondo road biking event. Whistler will be busy and accommodations will be at a premium, so please ensure you book something asap.
- Also, highway closures will be in place on the Saturday, as per GranFondo race details. Travel into Whistler on this specific single date, from Vancouver and Squamish, will not be possible in the morning. As such, all runners lining up for a Saturday start are advised to arrive to Whistler no later than the day before, on Friday.
- North bound highway closures are only in place on the Saturday into the early afternoon. Full highway access is available again by Saturday evening.
- All WAM courses have been designed to alleviate crossover traffic with the GranFondo as much as possible throughout race weekend.
The Kids Race is ~1km in length, and will traverse the slopes of Blackcomb Mtn, as an out and back. Most runners are aged between 3 - 10, though we welcome all kids to participate. It's not timed, is non-competitive and purely for the fun of all involved, but with special kids' bibs and kids-themed draw prizes.
Registration is free, and is available online, or on race morning. During registration, we offer parents the opportunity to donate to Butterfly Run Vancouver, a local organization that supports families dealing with pregnancy and infant loss.