The Fine Print
Looking for Event Rules? Find them here »
We love our runners and want to accommodate where possible, so we offer the following registration policies - please take a moment to review these.
You accepted these policies during the registration process, but if for any reason you no longer agree, you have 24 hours following registration to request a cancellation of your race entry and payment.
- Once a race distance is sold out, that's it - there will be no new spots, no waitlist, and no transfers.
- Bibs are not transferrable to another runner under any circumstances.
- Up to 30 days before race day, we offer a 100% deferral of fees, towards another NOT YET SOLD OUT, CMTR event, excluding Squamish 50.**
- Between 14 to 30 days before race day, we can arrange a 50% deferral of race fees, towards another NOT YET SOLD OUT, CMTR event, excluding Squamish 50.**
- For Squamish 50 only, anyone dropping out by May 1 will receive a 50% refund of entry fees.
- Within 2 weeks of race day - No refunds. No deferral. No exceptions.
- Full refunds can ONLY be processed for anyone who selects the optional refund insurance during registration.
- At any time, you can request to drop down in distance within the same event. There is no cost or refund for dropping down. We do not allow runners to move up in distance.
- In the event of cancellation of the event for reasons including, but not limited to, weather, forest fires, acts of nature, war, strikes or other circumstances, Coast Mountain Trail Running will provide the following limited refund and discount towards the same event in the following year:
- early access to registration for the same event for the following year only;
- a 25% discount on registration for any distance in the same event for the following year only;
- a partial refund of your entry fee, calculated by CMTR, accounting for factors such as incurred event expenses;
- the option for a full refund on any event merchandise that has been purchased; and
- the option to receive the event shirt, purchased event merchandise or any other produced event items, for the cost of shipping.
** Deferrals are only applicable for one calendar year from the race you transfer out of (meaning the race entry can be deferred to any OTHER race, but not the same race one year later). Entries can only be deferred a single time, to a single event.
Thank you for your understanding and adherence to our race policies. We look forward to seeing you on race day!